American Directory of Resources For Deaf
- Accomodating Ideas - ADA Services
- Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf -
established to empower persons who are hearing impaired
to function independently by promoting universal rights
and optimal opportunities to learn to use, maintain, and
improve all aspects of their communications.
- American Athletic Association of the Deaf, Inc.
- Canadian Hearing Society - provides services that
enhance the independence of deaf, deafened and hard of
hearing people, and encourage prevention of hearing loss.
- Center for Assessment and Demographic Studies -
conducting large-scale studies of the deaf and hard - of -
hearing population of the US that will serve specific
action - oriented goals.
- Canine Companionship
- Central Institute for the Deaf
- Children of Deaf Adults (CODA) - international
organization for the hearing offspring of deaf parents.
- Council Education of the Deaf (CED)
- Deaf Adoption News Service
- Deaf Children's Society of B.C.
- Deaf Gay & Lesbian Center
- Deaf Queer Resource Center
- Deaf Success Center
- DEAFinitely Jobs
- DeBee Communications
- Huntsville Deaf Awareness
- Florida American Sign Language Teachers Association
- Gallaudet University Alumni Association (GUAA)
- Hearing Concern - UK national charity for hard of hearing
and late deafened adults. Contains factsheets and coping strategies information, plus links to other websites.
- Internet Resources for Special Children
- JSG Billing Service
- Hands On - arts service organization that provides,
advocates and supports the accessibility of the arts for
the deaf community in NYC. Includes schedule of
accessible arts events.
- Legacy Ministries & Legacy House - history and
paradigm behind the creation of Legacy House, a
Christ-centered residential facility for developmentally
disabled deaf individuals.
- Natinal Center to Improve Practice (NCIP) in Special
Education through Technology, Media and Materials --
"promotes the effective use of technology to enhance
education outcomes for students with sensory, cognitive,
physical, and social/emotional disabilities
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD)
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
- National Softball Association of the Deaf - organizing
world and national softball tournaments for deaf and
hard-of-hearing players since 1976.
- NCRAD-BAY - Northern California Recreation
Association of the Deaf.
- NIDCD & HHIRR
- Pacific Bell Senior/Disabled Services Registry of
Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc.
- Statens Sentralteam for døvblinde - Norwegian state-run
resource team distributing information on deafblindness.
- Telecommunications for the Deaf, Inc.
- Total Communication Network
- U.S. Deaf Skier's Association
- Wolk Center for Jewish Cultural Enrichment for the Deaf -
a program of the Rochester Area Hillel Foundation. A new
program designed to allow Jewish deaf students to become
familiar with and express their identity as Jews.